Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Change Happens...

Change… love it or hate it, it will happen!




Some love change. They are like a leaf that has fallen from a mighty oak tree and is blowing in the wind. It doesn’t matter where they land, they will make the best of it. Others are like robots, doing the same thing day after day after day and if something were to change, they would surely short-circuit. I like to think of myself as somewhere in between. I do like to have structure and routine. I like to have plans and know what I am doing and when. Most of the time if a friend calls me last minute to do something, I am hesitant because I already made plans. But on the other hand, I am not so rigid that I can not roll with the punches when something unexpected comes along. Take my being laid-off for example.



July 31st is my last day at work with my co-workers who have become friends and some more like family. When I first heard about there being lay-offs I almost prayed that I was one. Even when it was known that , yes, I was one of those who could say goodbye, I held my head high, confident that all will be well. Don’t get me wrong, I KNOW all will be well. After alll , God is my Provider and since He owns everything in this world and I am His child, what do I have to fear? It’s the CHANGE that’s bothering me!! I have been on one official interview so far and really do NOT want to work there. I don’t really know why, I just don’t. As much as I hate the change, in some ways I am excited for the change.

With change comes growth and learning. I’m hopeful and excited to see just what God has in store for me. How is He going to promote me? There are so many things I am interested in, so many ways I am stepping out of my old ways.
One way, is this right here. Blogging for money. Now I had started a blog, a few in fact, a few years ago. I wasn’t always faithful about keeping up with any of them, but I did add adsense to them and have made very little money so far. I really hold myself accountable for that though since it was I who didn’t keep up with them. I am hoping now to get that going again. And blogging through triond.com is great. I can write about whatever I want to at the time instead of following a set theme. I will still use my other sites, however.
Another way I am stepping out is with some of the jobs I have applied for. My background is restaurants and phlebotomy. I have put in for a child abuse investigator ( which I don’t fully qualify, but I tried! ) and sales. I am not a strong sales person, in my opinion, but my husband has faith in me and that helps me tremendously!
Sure, part of me just wants to stay home, kick back and collect unemployment. But Proverbs 13:4 tells us “The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied” and 2Thessalonians 3:10 says, “For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.” and then there’s Proverbs 10:4 “A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.” God obviously opposes being lazy and therefore I will not bring that upon myself and my family. Now, of course, if I really do make money and able to keep up with my blogging, that’s not being lazy now is it? We’ll see.
So that’s the plan for my “change” as of now. Look into this sales job that I have a very good chance of getting and can make some serious money doing and keep blogging and looking for legitimate ways to earn money online.
Oh another website I have joined trying to make some legitimate dough is Strong Future International. Check out my blog about it and from there you can visit their website through a link on the page. http://www.mystrongfuture.blogspot.com/.
So thanks for listening!

0 comments: